Chazen Museum of Art has temporarily suspended tours led by Chazen staff. Group visits to the Chazen must be self-guided during this time. Registration is required at least three weeks in advance through the Museum Education office for groups of more than 10.
The museum is open for self-guided group visits during our regularly scheduled hours Monday–Friday, 10 a.m. – 7 p.m., and Saturday–Sunday, 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.
University groups of 40 or fewer may be able to access the Chazen for self-guided visits before regularly scheduled museum hours on a limited basis. During pre-open hours, classes must be accompanied by a faculty member or TA while on site and will also be accompanied by Chazen Museum staff. Please note that while the Chazen will do our best to accommodate requests, there may be occasional conflicts due to scheduled gallery maintenance that may affect museum access. Please direct requests to:
• Group visits are limited to no more than 60 visitors in a single group.
• Groups larger than 10 will be asked to split into smaller groups upon arrival to allow for optimum gallery flow.
• For self-guided youth groups, chaperones are required. We recommend a chaperone ratio of: ages 6 and under (1:4 ratio); ages 6-10 (1:10); Ages 10-18+ (1:18).
Requests must be made at least three weeks in advance. Submitting a request does not guarantee the desired date and time, but we will work to accommodate your needs. Please complete the form below to request a group visit:
Group visit requestPlease provide the information requested here to start planning your group visit.
"*" indicates required fields
Group Visit Guidelines:
To ensure the safety of the objects in our collection, we ask visitors to respect the following rules:
• Please do not touch the art.
• No food or beverages are permitted. This includes bottles of water and chewing gum.
• Check large items, including backpacks, in the cloakroom or lockers on the first floor.
• Photography without a flash is permitted.