Elvehjem : Gallery : 3
- Hubert Robert
(French, 1733 - 1808)
- Capriccio of Classical Ruins with Pyramid
- ca. 1760
- Oil on canvas
- 38 x 52 in. Overall
- Gift of Mr. and Mrs. Firman H. Hass
- Accession No.
- Rogers, Millard F., Jr. "Paintings at the Elvehjem Art Center, University of Wisconsin." The Magazine Antiques. Vol. CVIII, No. 6, December (1975): 1146-1155. pp. 1151-1154, pl. 4
- SchoolsMusuemsART (SMART) Project. Madison, Wi: Madison Metropolitan School District, 2002.
- Committee on Institutional Cooperation. "Paintings from Midwestern University Collections: Seventeenth-Twentieth Centuries." Evanston, Ill.: Committee on Institutional Cooperation, 1973. no. 56-57
- Elvehjem Museum of Art. "Handbook of the Collection." Elvehjem Museum of Art, University of Wisconsin-Madison. Madison, 1990. no. 65
- Paintings from Midwestern University Collections: 17th-20th Centuries: Committee on Institutional Cooperation and Member Universities, 10/3/1973-4/27/1975
The Chazen Museum of Art welcomes comments or inquiries about works in our collection. Please allow two–three weeks for a response. Chazen staff is not able to provide valuations or authentications and such inquiries cannot be answered.