Not currently on view
- Ohara Shoson
(Japanese, 1877 - 1945)
- Two Dragonflies and Flowering Red Hollyhocks
- Color woodcut
- 365 x 240 mm Overall
- Bequest of John H. Van Vleck
- Accession No.
- Newland, Amy Reigle, Jan Perrée, and Robert Schaap. "Crows Cranes and Camellias: The Natural World of Ohara Koson 1877-1945." Leiden: Hotei Publishing, 2010. no. S40.3
- Roberts, Laurance P. "A Dictionary of Japanese Artists: Painting, Sculpture, Ceramics, Prints, Lacquer." Tokyo; New York: Weatherhill, 1986. p. 124
- Merritt, Helen and Nanako Yamada. "Guide to Modern Japanese Woodblock Prints: 1900-1975." University of Hawaii Press, 1992. p. 116
- Watanabe: Japanese Print Envoy: Chazen Museum of Art, 6/1/2018-9/2/2018
The Chazen Museum of Art welcomes comments or inquiries about works in our collection. Please allow two–three weeks for a response. Chazen staff is not able to provide valuations or authentications and such inquiries cannot be answered.