Chazen : Gallery : 12
- Andy Warhol
(American, 1928 - 1987)
- Marilyn Monroe
- Screen print
- 37 1/2 x 37 1/2 in. Overall
- Robert Gale Doyon Fund and Harold F. Bishop Fund purchase
- Accession No.
- Sayre, Henry. "A World of Art, 5th Edition" Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson Education/Prentice Hall, 2007. p. 239, no. 323
- Buser, Thomas. "Experiencing Art Around Us." 2nd ed. Belmont: Thomson Wadsworth, 2006.
- Watrous, James, "A Century of American Printmaking, 1880-1980." Madison: University of Wisconsin Press, 1984. p. 207, no. 25
- Hults, Linda C. "The Print in the Western World." Madison, WI: The University of Wisconsin Press, 1996. p. 488, no. 13.53
- Elvehjem Museum of Art. "Handbook of the Collection." Elvehjem Museum of Art, University of Wisconsin-Madison. Madison, 1990. no. 136
- Andy Warhol Photographic Studies: Chazen Museum of Art, 10/9/2010-12/5/2010
The Chazen Museum of Art maintains an archive of digital images, black and white negatives, and color transparencies representing works in its collection. Ongoing photography continually adds new images to the archive.
Copyright for some images is maintained by artists or their estates. In such cases, please obtain permission for reproduction directly from the artists or their representatives.
All images published by the Chazen Museum of Art within this web site are for noncommercial, educational, and/or personal use only.
To request a high-resolution image, or for information on publishing and/or commercial use of images of works in the museum collection, please use form below.
The Chazen Museum of Art welcomes comments or inquiries about works in our collection. Please allow two–three weeks for a response. Chazen staff is not able to provide valuations or authentications and such inquiries cannot be answered.