- Louise Nevelson
(American, b. Ukraine, 1899 – 1988)
- Black Wedding Cake
- Wood, paint, iron alloy, velvet
- 34 x 22 1/2 x 19 1/2 in. overall
- Terese and Alvin S. Lane Collection
- Accession No.
- United States
23 June 1965, sold by the Pace Gallery of New York City, NY to a private collector. Formerly in teh collection of Dorothy H. Rautbord of Palm Beach, FL. Sold in New York City, NY at Christie''s auction 13 May 1998 (lot 204) and purchased by Alvin Lane.
- Glimcher, Arnold. "Louise Nevelson." New York: Praeger, 1972. p. 201
- Louise Nevelson: Whitney Museum of American Art, 3/8/1967–4/30/1967
The Chazen Museum of Art welcomes comments or inquiries about works in our collection. Please allow two–three weeks for a response. Chazen staff is not able to provide valuations or authentications and such inquiries cannot be answered.
"*" indicates required fields