Chazen : Gallery : 14
- El Anatsui
(Ghanaian, active in Nigeria, b. 1944)
- Old Used Torn Towel
- ca. 2003
- African hard woods, pigment
- 24 x 54 x 1 in. Overall
- J. David and Laura Seefried Horsfall Endowment Fund purchase
- Accession No.
- Chazen Museum of Art. "Bulletin 2003-2007." Madison: Chazen Museum of Art, 2010. p. 37, no. 2
- Sytsma, Janine. "The Sculpture of El Anatsui: Rupture and Renewal at the Chazen Museum of Art." Bulletin 2003-2007. Chazen Museum of Art (2010): 36-41. pp. 36-41, no. 2
- Rarey, Matthew Francis and Henry John Drewal. "Never at Rest: African Art at the University of Wisconsin." African Arts, vol 53, no. 4 (2020): 68-85. fig. 13
The Chazen Museum of Art welcomes comments or inquiries about works in our collection. Please allow two–three weeks for a response. Chazen staff is not able to provide valuations or authentications and such inquiries cannot be answered.