- Eastman Johnson
(American, 1824 - 1906)
- Two Men (Study for The Funding Bill)
- Oil on canvas
- 21 1/2 x 27 1/4 in. overall
- Gift of Stuart P. Feld in honor of Sue Kessler Feld ’69 on the occasion of the fiftieth anniversary of her graduation, 2019
- Accession No.
- United States
- Hills, Patricia. "The Genre Painting of Eastman Johnson: The Sources and Development of His Style and Themes." (Ph.D. diss., 1973) New York and London: Garland Publishing, Inc., 1977. pp. 125-126
- Hills, Patricia. "Eastman Johnson Catalogue Raisonné." online catalogue published July 29, 2021, https://www.eastmanjohnson.org/. Hills no. 31.7.13
- Hills, Patricia. "Eastman Johnson: Retrospective Exhibition." New York: Clarkson N. Potter, 1972. p. 114, no. 103
- Eastman Johnson: Retrospective Exhibition: Whitney Museum of American Art, 3/28/1972–12/3/1972
The Chazen Museum of Art welcomes comments or inquiries about works in our collection. Please allow two–three weeks for a response. Chazen staff is not able to provide valuations or authentications and such inquiries cannot be answered.
"*" indicates required fields