Elvehjem : Gallery : 2
- Defendente Ferrari
(active Italian, ca. 1500 - 1535)
- Madonna and Child Enthroned with Saints John the Baptist and John the Evangelist
- ca. 1525
- Oil on wood panel
- 91 x 60 in. Overall
- Gift of the Samuel H. Kress Foundation
- Accession No.
- Baumann, Barry. "The Treatment of Defendente Ferrari's 'Madonna and Child Enthroned with Saints and Angels.' " Bulletin/Annual Report 1987-1988. Elvehjem Museum of Art (1990): 4-11. pp. 4-11
- Elvehjem Museum of Art. "Handbook of the Collection." Elvehjem Museum of Art, University of Wisconsin-Madison. Madison, 1990. no. 25
- Elvehjem Museum of Art. "Artscene." Vol. 2, No. 3, May/June 1986. p. 1
- Elvehjem Museum of Art. "Artscene." Vol. 3, No. 4, July/August 1987. p. 1
- Elvehjem Museum of Art. "Elvehjem Museum of Art Bulletin/Annual Report 1987-1988." Elvehjem Museum of Art, 1989 p. 4
- National Gallery of Art Library. “Image Collections.” NGA Library - Image Collections. National Gallery of Art Library. Accessed 09/24/2020. https://library.nga.gov/permalink/01NGA_INST/1p5jkvq/alma99413093804896
- William Suida, “Contributo alla conoscenza delle pitture piemontesi in America,” Bollettino della Società Piemontese di Archeologia e di Belle Arti, vol. VIII–XI, 1954–1957, p. 88, fig. 82.
The Chazen Museum of Art welcomes comments or inquiries about works in our collection. Please allow two–three weeks for a response. Chazen staff is not able to provide valuations or authentications and such inquiries cannot be answered.