- George Hayter
(English, 1792 - 1871)
- Portrait of Lady Caroline Montagu (d. 1892) in Byronic Costume
- Oil on canvas
- 77 1/4 x 57 3/4 in. Overall
- Evjue Foundation Grant purchase in honor of Mrs. Frederick W. Miller
- Accession No.
- Noon, Patrick. "Constable to Delacroix: British Art and the French Romantics." London: Tate Britain, 2003.
- Bryan, James E. "Sir George Hayter's Portrait of Lady Caroline Montagu." Bulletin/Biennial Report 1997-1999. Elvehjem Museum of Art (1999): 32-41. pp. 32-41
- Elvehjem Museum of Art. "Bulletin/Annual Report 1993-1995." Madison: Elvehjem Museum of Art, 1995. p. 100
- Elvehjem Museum of Art. "Artscene." Vol. 20, No. 2, July- December 2003. p. 9
- Chazen Museum of Art. "Artscene." Vol. 27, No. 1, January-June 2010. p. 3
- Elvehjem Museum of Art. "Bulletin/Biennial Report 1997-1999." Madison, WI: Elvehjem Museum of Art, 2000 p. 33
- Constable to Delacroix: British Art and the French Romantics: Tate Britain, 2/6/2003-5/11/2003
The Chazen Museum of Art welcomes comments or inquiries about works in our collection. Please allow two–three weeks for a response. Chazen staff is not able to provide valuations or authentications and such inquiries cannot be answered.