Not currently on view
- Utagawa Hiroshige
(Japanese, 1797 - 1858)
- Otsuki Plain in Kai Province, no. 5 from the series Thirty-six Views of Mt. Fuji
- Color woodcut
- 163 x 231 mm Overall
- Bequest of John H. Van Vleck
- Accession No.
By 1925, purchased in Japan by Frank Lloyd Wright; ca. 1926, acquired by The Bank of Wisconsin; 1928, sold to Edward Burr Van Vleck (Madison, WI); 1943, passed through inheritance to Edward’s son, John H. Van Vleck (Madison, WI); 9 January 1980, bequeathed by John H. Van Vleck to the Elvehjem Museum of Art [now called Chazen Museum of Art]
- Bun You Associates. "Edward Burr Van Vleck Collection Ukiyo-e Masterpieces." Toky: Bun You Associates, 1999.
- Osumi, Takeshige ed. "Edward Burr Van Vleck Collection Ukiyo-e Masterpieces." Tokyo: Bun You Associates, 1999.
- Elvehjem Museum of Art. "Hiroshige ten: Seitan 200-shunen kinen (200th Anniversary Hiroshige Exhibition)." Madison, WI: Elvehjem Museum of Art; Japan: Bun You Associates, 1996. no. 105
- Edward Burr Van Vleck Collection: Elvehjem Museum of Art, 10/13/1999–6/30/2000
- 200th Anniversary Hiroshige Exhibition (Hiroshige ten: seiten 200-shunen kinen): Elvehjem Museum of Art, 4/29/1996–12/8/1996
The Chazen Museum of Art welcomes comments or inquiries about works in our collection. Please allow two–three weeks for a response. Chazen staff is not able to provide valuations or authentications and such inquiries cannot be answered.
"*" indicates required fields