Not currently on view
- Utagawa Hiroshige
(Japanese, 1797 - 1858)
- The Sea Off Satta in Suruga Province, no. 23 from the series Thirty-six Views of Mt. Fuji
- Color woodcut
- 339 x 223 mm Overall
- Bequest of John H. Van Vleck
- Accession No.
- Mueller, Laura. "Competition and Collaboration: Japanese Prints of the Utagawa School." Leiden, The Netherlands: Hotei Publishing, 2007. p. 124, no. 96
- Hitachi, Ltd. "Ukiyoe" [calendar]. Japan: Hitachi, Ltd., 2009. January
- Elvehjem Museum of Art. "Bulletin 1978-1980." Madison: Elvehjem Museum of Art, 1980. p. 81
- Utagawa: Masters of the Japanese Print, 1770-1900 : Chazen Museum of Art, 3/21/2008–6/15/2008
The Chazen Museum of Art welcomes comments or inquiries about works in our collection. Please allow two–three weeks for a response. Chazen staff is not able to provide valuations or authentications and such inquiries cannot be answered.