Not currently on view
- Utagawa Hiroshige
(Japanese, 1797 - 1858)
- Snow Viewing at the Uekiya Restaurant at Mokubo Temple, from the series Famous Restaurants in Edo
- Color woodcut
- 229 x 352 mm Overall
- Bequest of John H. Van Vleck
- Accession No.
By 1925, purchased by Frank Lloyd Wright; ca. 1926, acquired by The Bank of Wisconsin; 1928, sold to Edward Burr Van Vleck (Madison, WI); 1943, passed through inheritance to Edward’s son, John H. Van Vleck (Madison, WI); 9 January 1980, bequeathed by John H. Van Vleck to the Elvehjem Museum of Art [now called Chazen Museum of Art]
- Thomsen, Hans Bjarne. "The Other Hiroshige: Connoisseur of the Good Life." Impressions, The Journal of the Ukiyo-e Society America (24 December 2002): 48-71. pp. 17, 48-71, no. 6; pl. 9
- Thomsen, Hans Bjarne. "Food and Art: Hiroshige's Restaurant Prints in the Elvehjem." Bulletin/Biennial Report 1999-2001. Elvehjem Museum of Art (2001): 27-40. pp. 27-40
- Elvehjem Museum of Art. "Bulletin/Biennial Report 1999-2001." Madison: Elvehjem Museum of Art, 2002. p. 29
- Elvehjem Museum of Art. "Hiroshige ten: Seitan 200-shunen kinen (200th Anniversary Hiroshige Exhibition)." Madison, WI: Elvehjem Museum of Art; Japan: Bun You Associates, 1996. no. 158
- 200th Anniversary Hiroshige Exhibition (Hiroshige ten: seiten 200-shunen kinen): Elvehjem Museum of Art, 4/29/1996–12/8/1996
The Chazen Museum of Art welcomes comments or inquiries about works in our collection. Please allow two–three weeks for a response. Chazen staff is not able to provide valuations or authentications and such inquiries cannot be answered.
"*" indicates required fields