Not currently on view
- Utagawa Hiroshige
(Japanese, 1797 - 1858)
- The Onoshi Restaurant by Yanagi Bridge in the Ryogoku District, from the series Famous Restaurants in Edo
- Color woodcut
- 224 x 352 mm Overall
- Bequest of John H. Van Vleck
- Accession No.
- Thomsen, Hans Bjarne. "The Other Hiroshige: Connoisseur of the Good Life." Impressions, The Journal of the Ukiyo-e Society America (24 December 2002): 48-71. pp. 48-71, no. 18
- Thomsen, Hans Bjarne. "Food and Art: Hiroshige's Restaurant Prints in the Elvehjem." Bulletin/Biennial Report 1999-2001. Elvehjem Museum of Art (2001): 27-40. pp. 27-40
- Elvehjem Museum of Art. "Bulletin/Biennial Report 1999-2001." Madison: Elvehjem Museum of Art, 2002. p. 34, no. 10
The Chazen Museum of Art welcomes comments or inquiries about works in our collection. Please allow two–three weeks for a response. Chazen staff is not able to provide valuations or authentications and such inquiries cannot be answered.