Not currently on view
- Utagawa Hiroshige
(Japanese, 1797 - 1858)
- Asaina Saburo Glowering at Sagami Jiro and Matsushima by Cherry Trees, from the series Ancient Tales in Snow, Moon, and Flowers
- ca. 1845
- Color woodcut
- 230 x 298 mm image
- Bequest of John H. Van Vleck
- Accession No.
- Mueller, Laura. "Competition and Collaboration: Japanese Prints of the Utagawa School." Leiden, The Netherlands: Hotei Publishing, 2007. p. 121, no. 90
- Elvehjem Museum of Art. "Hiroshige ten: Seitan 200-shunen kinen (200th Anniversary Hiroshige Exhibition)." Madison, WI: Elvehjem Museum of Art; Japan: Bun You Associates, 1996. no. 195
- Summer Breeze: The Fan in Japanese Prints: Chazen Museum of Art, 7/7/2012-9/9/2012
- Utagawa: Masters of the Japanese Print, 1770-1900: Chazen Museum of Art, 11/2/2009-11/26/2009
- Chonin: Japanese Art from the Elvehjem Collection: Elvehjem Museum of Art, 9/1/2001-11/11/2001
- 200th Anniversary Hiroshige Exhibition (Hiroshige ten: seiten 200-shunen kinen): Elvehjem Museum of Art, 4/29/1996-12/8/1996
The Chazen Museum of Art welcomes comments or inquiries about works in our collection. Please allow two–three weeks for a response. Chazen staff is not able to provide valuations or authentications and such inquiries cannot be answered.