Not currently on view
- Utagawa Hiroshige
(Japanese, 1797 - 1858)
- Kanagawa, Nihonbashi, Shinagawa, and Kawasaki, no. 1 from the series Harimaze Pictures of the Tokaido (Harimaze of the Fifty-three Stations)
- Color woodcut
- 336 x 232 mm Overall
- Bequest of John H. Van Vleck
- Accession No.
- Schlombs, Adele. "Hiroshige: 1797-1858." Koln, Germany: Taschen, 2007. p. 15
- Elvehjem Museum of Art. "Hiroshige ten: Seitan 200-shunen kinen (200th Anniversary Hiroshige Exhibition)." Madison, WI: Elvehjem Museum of Art; Japan: Bun You Associates, 1996. no. 242
- 200th Anniversary Hiroshige Exhibition (Hiroshige ten: seiten 200-shunen kinen): Elvehjem Museum of Art, 4/29/1996–12/8/1996
The Chazen Museum of Art welcomes comments or inquiries about works in our collection. Please allow two–three weeks for a response. Chazen staff is not able to provide valuations or authentications and such inquiries cannot be answered.