Not currently on view
- Utagawa Hiroshige
(Japanese, 1797 - 1858)
- The Plum Garden at Kameido from the Umegae Chapter, from the series Famous Places in Edo with Chapters from the Tale of Genji
- ca. 1845
- Color woodcut
- ca. 338 x 230 mm Overall
- Bequest of John H. Van Vleck
- Accession No.
By 1925, purchased in Japan by Frank Lloyd Wright; ca. 1926, acquired by The Bank of Wisconsin; 1928, sold to Edward Burr Van Vleck (Madison, WI); 1943, passed through inheritance to Edward’s son, John H. Van Vleck (Madison, WI); 9 January 1980, bequeathed by John H. Van Vleck to the Elvehjem Museum of Art [now called Chazen Museum of Art]
- South, Will. "Van Gogh and His Inspirations." Columbia, SC: Columbia Museum of Art, 2019. pp. 60-61, plate 60
- Van Gogh and His Inspirations: Columbia Museum of Art, 10/4/2019–1/12/2020
- Binjinga: Picturing Women in Japanese Prints: Haggerty Museum of Art, Marquette University, 1/21/2016–5/22/2016
The Chazen Museum of Art welcomes comments or inquiries about works in our collection. Please allow two–three weeks for a response. Chazen staff is not able to provide valuations or authentications and such inquiries cannot be answered.
"*" indicates required fields