Not currently on view
- Utagawa Hiroshige
(Japanese, 1797 - 1858)
- The Gods Izanigi and Izanami on the Floating Bridge of Heaven, no. 1 from the series An Illustrated History of Japan
- ca. 1850
- Color woodcut
- 223 x 340 mm Overall
- Bequest of John H. Van Vleck
- Accession No.
- Mueller, Laura. "Competition and Collaboration: Japanese Prints of the Utagawa School." Leiden, The Netherlands: Hotei Publishing, 2007. p. 119, no. 86
- Chazen Museum of Art. "Bulletin 2003-2007." Madison: Chazen Museum of Art, 2010. p. 24, no. 7
- Pillen, Cory. "The Ryogoku Bridge in Japanese Ukiyo-e Prints" Bulletin 2003-2007. Chazen Museum of Art (2010): 18-27. pp. 18-27, no. 7
- Gifts of the Ebb Tide: The Sea in Japanese Prints: Chazen Museum of Art, 6/8/2013-9/1/2013
The Chazen Museum of Art welcomes comments or inquiries about works in our collection. Please allow two–three weeks for a response. Chazen staff is not able to provide valuations or authentications and such inquiries cannot be answered.