Not currently on view
- Utagawa Hiroshige
(Japanese, 1797 - 1858)
- Stone Lantern and Falcon on a Perch, from the series Improvised Shadows
- ca. 1835
- Color woodcut
- 274 x 257 mm Overall
- Bequest of John H. Van Vleck
- Accession No.
- Thomsen, Hans Bjarne. "Food and Art: Hiroshige's Restaurant Prints in the Elvehjem." Bulletin/Biennial Report 1999-2001. Elvehjem Museum of Art (2001): 27-40. pp. 27-40
- Elvehjem Museum of Art. "Hiroshige ten: Seitan 200-shunen kinen (200th Anniversary Hiroshige Exhibition)." Madison, WI: Elvehjem Museum of Art; Japan: Bun You Associates, 1996. no. 210
- 200th Anniversary Hiroshige Exhibition (Hiroshige ten: seiten 200-shunen kinen): Elvehjem Museum of Art, 4/29/1996-12/8/1996
The Chazen Museum of Art welcomes comments or inquiries about works in our collection. Please allow two–three weeks for a response. Chazen staff is not able to provide valuations or authentications and such inquiries cannot be answered.