Not currently on view
- Utagawa Hiroshige
(Japanese, 1797 - 1858)
- Bijin Looking at Prints, from a series of Bijin with landscape cartouches
- Color woodcut
- 15 3/16 x 10 3/16 in. Image
- John H. Van Vleck Endowment Fund purchase
- Accession No.
- Mueller, Laura. "Competition and Collaboration: Japanese Prints of the Utagawa School." Leiden, The Netherlands: Hotei Publishing, 2007. p. 114, no. 79
- Schlombs, Adele. "Hiroshige: 1797-1858." Koln, Germany: Taschen, 2007. p. 46
- Elvehjem Museum of Art. "Bulletin/Biennial Report 1999-2001." Madison: Elvehjem Museum of Art, 2002. p. 79
- Elvehjem Museum of Art. "Artscene." Vol. 21, No. 1, January- June 2004. p. 10
- Utagawa: Masters of the Japanese Print, 1770-1900 : Chazen Museum of Art, 3/21/2008-6/15/2008
- Acquisitions 1999-2002, A Selection: Elvehjem Museum of Art, 7/6/2002-8/25/2002
The Chazen Museum of Art welcomes comments or inquiries about works in our collection. Please allow two–three weeks for a response. Chazen staff is not able to provide valuations or authentications and such inquiries cannot be answered.