Not currently on view
- Utagawa Hiroshige
(Japanese, 1797 - 1858)
- Night Rain in the Grove of Gion, from the series Parody of Eight Views (Taira no Tadanori Captures the Priest of Mido [the Oil-Thief])
- ca. 1846
- Color woodcut
- a: 368 x 250 mm; b: 365 x 247 mm; c: 367 x 257 mm Overall
- John H. Van Vleck Endowment Fund purchase
- Accession No.
- Mueller, Laura. "Competition and Collaboration: Japanese Prints of the Utagawa School." Leiden, The Netherlands: Hotei Publishing, 2007. p. 166, no. 149
- Robinson, B.W. "Kuniyoshi: The Warrior Prints," 1982. p. 177, no. 182
The Chazen Museum of Art welcomes comments or inquiries about works in our collection. Please allow two–three weeks for a response. Chazen staff is not able to provide valuations or authentications and such inquiries cannot be answered.