Chazen : Gallery : 20
- Hans Hofmann
(American, b. Germany, 1880 - 1966)
- August Light
- Oil on canvas
- 52 3/8 x 60 1/8 in. Overall
- Bequest of Alexander and Henrietta W. Hollaender
- Accession No.
- Villiger, Suzi, ed. "Hans Hofmann: Catalogue Raisonné of Paintings." Farnham, Surry; Burlington, VT: Lund Humphries, 2014. p. 148, no. P1078
- Elvehjem Art Center. "Inaugural Exhibition: 19th & 20th Century Art from Collections of Alumni & Friends." Madison, WI: Regents of the University of Wisconsin, 1970. pp. 92-93, no. 103
- Elvehjem Museum of Art. "Handbook of the Collection." Elvehjem Museum of Art, University of Wisconsin-Madison. Madison, 1990. no. 131
- Elvehjem Museum of Art. "Artscene" Vol. 3, No. 5, Fall 1987. p. 2
- Kunstmuseum Bern. "Teruko Yokoi: Tokyo--New York--Paris--Bern." Berlin: Hatje Cantz Verlog, 2020. pp. 149, 158
- Inaugural Exhibition: 19th & 20th Cen. Art from Collection of Alumni & Friends: The Elvehjem Art Center, 9/11/1970-11/8/1970
- 26th Biennial Exhibition of Contemporary American Painting, The: Corcoran Gallery of Art, 1/16/1959-3/8/1959
The Chazen Museum of Art welcomes comments or inquiries about works in our collection. Please allow two–three weeks for a response. Chazen staff is not able to provide valuations or authentications and such inquiries cannot be answered.