- il Giampietrino (Giovanni Pietro Rizzoli)
(Italian, active ca. 1495 – 1553)
- Lucrezia Romana
- ca. 1515-1521
- Oil on wood panel
- 37 3/4 x 28 1/2 in. Overall
- Gift of the Samuel H. Kress Foundation
- Accession No.
Marquess Costantino Guidi (Cesena Italy or Faenza, Italy); Attilio Simonetti (Rome, Italy); 10 July 1950, sold by Alessandro Contini -Bonacossi (Rome and Florence, Italy) to Samuel H. Kress (New York, NY); September 1961, gifted by the Samuel H. Kress Foundation (New York, NY) to the University of Wisconsin-Madison; 1967, transferred to the Elvehjem Art Center [now called Chazen Museum of Art].  Two sales of the Guidi collection were held: one at Sangiorgi in Rome on 21-27 April 1902; the other one in Florence at Galardelli and Mazzoni on 14 April 1910. This painting is not identifiable in either sale.  A sale of the Simonetti collection was held at G. Tavazzi, Rome, April 25-May 6 1932 after his death. This painting is not identifiable in the sale.
- Elvehjem Museum of Art. "Handbook of the Collection." Elvehjem Museum of Art, University of Wisconsin-Madison. Madison, 1990. no. 23
- National Gallery of Art Library. “Image Collections.” NGA Library - Image Collections. National Gallery of Art Library. Accessed September 24, 2020. https://library.nga.gov/permalink/01NGA_INST/1p5jkvq/alma991595253804896
- 16th Century Masterpieces from Three Madison Collections: Madison Art Association, 11/13/1963–12/3/1963
The Chazen Museum of Art welcomes comments or inquiries about works in our collection. Please allow two–three weeks for a response. Chazen staff is not able to provide valuations or authentications and such inquiries cannot be answered.
"*" indicates required fields