Not currently on view
- Utagawa Kuniyoshi
(Japanese, 1798 - 1861)
- Kuwana: The Story of the Sailor Tokuzo, from the series Fifty-three Parallels for the Tokaido
- Color woodcut
- 353 x 236 mm Image
- John H. Van Vleck Endowment Fund purchase
- Accession No.
- Mueller, Laura. "Competition and Collaboration: Japanese Prints of the Utagawa School." Leiden, The Netherlands: Hotei Publishing, 2007. p. 164, no. 147
- Utagawa: Masters of the Japanese Print, 1770-1900 : Chazen Museum of Art, 3/21/2008–6/15/2008
- Competition and Collaboration: Japanese Prints of the Utagawa School: Chazen Museum of Art, 11/3/2007–1/6/2008
The Chazen Museum of Art welcomes comments or inquiries about works in our collection. Please allow two–three weeks for a response. Chazen staff is not able to provide valuations or authentications and such inquiries cannot be answered.
"*" indicates required fields