Not currently on view
- Auguste-Xavier Leprince
(French, 1799 - 1826)
- The Artist's Studio
- Oil on canvas
- 28 11/16 x 36 3/8 in. Overall
- Harry and Margaret P. Glicksman, Juli Plant Grainger, John S. Lord, and Earl O. Vits Endowment Funds, and Norman Bassett Foundation Fund purchase
- Accession No.
- Beetem, Robert. "An Artist's Studio in 1826 by August-Xavier Leprince." Bulletin/Annual Report 1985-1986, Elvehjem Museum of Art (1986): 17-28. pp. 17-28
- Elvehjem Museum of Art. "Handbook of the Collection." Elvehjem Museum of Art, University of Wisconsin-Madison. Madison, 1990. no. 78
- Olausson, Magnus. "In the Artist's Studio: Auguste-Xavier Leprince and the Studio Interior and an Artistic Strategy." Art Bulletin of Nationalmuseum Stockholm, vol. 26.1 (2020): 53-58. http://nationalmuseum.diva-portal.org/smash/get/diva2:1473800/FULLTEXT01.pdf
- In the Studio: Chazen Museum of Art, 6/1/2019-8/11/2019
- Salon of 1827, Paris: Paris Salon, 11/30/1999-11/30/1999
The Chazen Museum of Art welcomes comments or inquiries about works in our collection. Please allow two–three weeks for a response. Chazen staff is not able to provide valuations or authentications and such inquiries cannot be answered.