Not currently on view
- Bertha Boynton Lum
(American, 1879 - 1954)
- The Fox Woman
- 1916, printed in 1921
- Color woodcut
- 17 x 10 5/16 in. Overall
- James T. Watrous Endowment Fund purchase
- Accession No.
- Watrous, James and Andrew Stevens. "American Color Woodcuts: Bounty from the Block, 1890s- 1990s", Madison, WI: Elvehjem Art Museum, University of Wisconsin, 1993. pp. 21, 94, no. 5
- Stevens, Andrew. "Color Woodcut International: Japan, Britain, and America In the Early Twentieth Century." Madison: Chazen Museum of Art, 2006. p. 84, no. 27
- Chazen Museum of Art. "Artscene." Vol. 23, No. 2, July- December 2006. p. 2
- Development of the Print Edition, The: Chazen Museum of Art, 6/23/2012-10/28/2012
- Color Woodcut International: Japan, Britain, and America in the Early 20th Century: Chazen Museum of Art, 12/9/2006-2/25/2007
- American Color Woodcuts: Bounty from the Block, 1890s- 1990s: Elvehjem Museum of Art, 1/30/1993-4/4/1993
The Chazen Museum of Art welcomes comments or inquiries about works in our collection. Please allow two–three weeks for a response. Chazen staff is not able to provide valuations or authentications and such inquiries cannot be answered.