Elvehjem : Gallery : 5
- Eugène-Louis Boudin
(French, 1824 - 1898)
- Oil on canvas
- 30 15/16 x 43 7/16 in. Overall
- Gift of Mrs. Frank P. Hixon
- Accession No.
- House, John, "Impressionists by the Sea." London: Royal Academy of Arts, 2007. p. 135, no. 40
- Rogers, Millard F., Jr. "Paintings at the Elvehjem Art Center, University of Wisconsin." The Magazine Antiques. Vol. CVIII, No. 6, December (1975): 1146-1155. p. 1155, fig. 12
- Elvehjem Art Center. "Inaugural Exhibition: 19th & 20th Century Art from Collections of Alumni & Friends." Madison, WI: Regents of the University of Wisconsin, 1970. p. 28, no. 11
- SchoolsMusuemsART (SMART) Project. Madison, Wi: Madison Metropolitan School District, 2002.
- Eisenman, Stephen F., ed. "From Corot to Monet: The Ecology of Impressionism." Rome: Skira Editore, 2010. frontispiece, p. 333
- Committee on Institutional Cooperation. "Paintings from Midwestern University Collections: Seventeenth-Twentieth Centuries." Evanston, Ill.: Committee on Institutional Cooperation, 1973. p. 86-87, no. 32
- Elvehjem Museum of Art. "Handbook of the Collection." Elvehjem Museum of Art, University of Wisconsin-Madison. Madison, 1990. no. 98
- "Monet/Boudin." Madrid: Museo Nacional Thyssen-Bornemisza, 2018. p. 203, no. 79
- Monet / Boudin : Museo Thyssen-Bornemisza, 6/26/2018-9/30/2018
- Impressionism and the Ecology of Landscape: Complesso del Vittoriano, 3/5/2010-6/29/2010
- Paintings from Midwestern University Collections: 17th-20th Centuries: , 10/3/1973-4/27/1975
- Inaugural Exhibition: 19th & 20th Cen. Art from Collection of Alumni & Friends: The Elvehjem Art Center, 9/11/1970-11/8/1970
The Chazen Museum of Art maintains an archive of digital images, black and white negatives, and color transparencies representing works in its collection. Ongoing photography continually adds new images to the archive.
Copyright for some images is maintained by artists or their estates. In such cases, please obtain permission for reproduction directly from the artists or their representatives.
All images published by the Chazen Museum of Art within this web site are for noncommercial, educational, and/or personal use only.
To request a high-resolution image, or for information on publishing and/or commercial use of images of works in the museum collection, please use form below.
The Chazen Museum of Art welcomes comments or inquiries about works in our collection. Please allow two–three weeks for a response. Chazen staff is not able to provide valuations or authentications and such inquiries cannot be answered.