Elvehjem : Gallery : 5
- Eugène-Louis Boudin
(French, 1824 - 1898)
- Oil on canvas
- 30 15/16 x 43 7/16 in. Overall
- Gift of Mrs. Frank P. Hixon
- Accession No.
- House, John, "Impressionists by the Sea." London: Royal Academy of Arts, 2007. p. 135, no. 40
- Rogers, Millard F., Jr. "Paintings at the Elvehjem Art Center, University of Wisconsin." The Magazine Antiques. Vol. CVIII, No. 6, December (1975): 1146-1155. p. 1155, fig. 12
- Elvehjem Art Center. "Inaugural Exhibition: 19th & 20th Century Art from Collections of Alumni & Friends." Madison, WI: Regents of the University of Wisconsin, 1970. p. 28, no. 11
- SchoolsMusuemsART (SMART) Project. Madison, Wi: Madison Metropolitan School District, 2002.
- Eisenman, Stephen F., ed. "From Corot to Monet: The Ecology of Impressionism." Rome: Skira Editore, 2010. frontispiece, p. 333
- Committee on Institutional Cooperation. "Paintings from Midwestern University Collections: Seventeenth-Twentieth Centuries." Evanston, Ill.: Committee on Institutional Cooperation, 1973. p. 86-87, no. 32
- Elvehjem Museum of Art. "Handbook of the Collection." Elvehjem Museum of Art, University of Wisconsin-Madison. Madison, 1990. no. 98
- "Monet/Boudin." Madrid: Museo Nacional Thyssen-Bornemisza, 2018. p. 203, no. 79
- Monet / Boudin : Museo Thyssen-Bornemisza, 6/26/2018-9/30/2018
- Impressionism and the Ecology of Landscape: Complesso del Vittoriano, 3/5/2010-6/29/2010
- Paintings from Midwestern University Collections: 17th-20th Centuries: , 10/3/1973-4/27/1975
- Inaugural Exhibition: 19th & 20th Cen. Art from Collection of Alumni & Friends: The Elvehjem Art Center, 9/11/1970-11/8/1970
The Chazen Museum of Art welcomes comments or inquiries about works in our collection. Please allow two–three weeks for a response. Chazen staff is not able to provide valuations or authentications and such inquiries cannot be answered.