Chazen Museum of Art T-Shirt Design Contest • Official Contest Rules
By participation in the contest, artist accepts and agrees to comply with these Official Rules.
This contest is open to all undergraduate students who were enrolled at UW Madison in May 2021, including Class of 2021.
Artists must be 18 years or older to submit.
Please submit designs to email@example.com. All submissions must be received by 11:59 p.m. on June 30th.
- By entering, the artist provides the Chazen Museum of Art limited rights to use the design in social media promotions and in production of shirts in 2021 and 2022. The artist will be credited in all uses of the design. No additional compensation will be provided for these limited rights. The artist retains copyright and all other rights related to the design.
- By entering, the artist agrees that the Chazen Museum may use their name, major, and social media identity in contest promotion and shirt production.
- By entering the contest, artist acknowledges that the design is: (a) original; (b) does not incorporate or include any material that would require the consent of any third party; and (c) does not violate any copyright, trademark, publicity right, privacy right, or any other right of any third party. (Examples: cannot contain Bucky, terrace chairs, specific pieces of artwork, etc.)
- All graphics must use the provided template (see below). The Chazen Museum of Art shall have the right to edit, composite, scan, duplicate or alter the entry design for as necessary for reproduction.
- All forms of media, i.e. paint, charcoal, digital designs, etc. will be accepted.
- The Chazen Museum of Art shall have the right to make a final selection of entries for social media promotion and voting. Public voting will be held; however, the Chazen Museum of Art reserves the right to determine the winning design for resale value.
- The selected design will receive $150 in monetary compensation, to be processed through the student payroll system or, for students no longer actively enrolled, as a direct payment. To receive compensation, the artist may be required to complete additional paperwork. Taxes may be deducted as required by UW Madison policy.
- The Chazen Museum retains the right not to produce the t-shirt due to operational or budgetary reasons. Monetary compensation will still be provided.
Get the template and a copy of the rules here: